The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aldous Atticus
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Aldous Atticus

Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order Empty
PostSubject: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 am

Name: Aldous Atticus

Species: Human

Height: 6'

Weight: 182 lbs

Home World: Corellia

Appearance: Aldous certainly looks his age, or even older, due to his gray(ing) head and facial hair. His solemn facial features show a man who has seen a lot in his years, but isn't afraid of going back to face the pain of war and his old ghosts. His personal choice of neutral colored robes reveal a lot about his beliefs of the Force and his passive lifestyle. However, Aldous's gray eyes show his true, warm self with even the briefest of glances.

Personality:
-Altruistic
-Calm
-Wise
-Approachable
-Empathetic
-Composed

Special Skills:
-Can speak Galactic Basic and Huttese fluently
-Can inspire troops with relative ease, but not on the level of Battle Meditation
-Can be a very charismatic speaker at times

Weapons:
-Teal blue lightsaber

Ship:
- Defender-class light corvette; dubbed Apogee

Current Rank:
-Jedi Master
-High Council Member
-Character Level IV

Force Powers:
Absorb Energy: Allows you to dissipate one or two blaster shots. (2)
-->Trained Absorb Energy: Allows you to dissipate five or six blaster shots or Force lightning. (3)

Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 3-5 seconds from attacks.
-->Trained Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 5-10 seconds from attacks. (2)
---->Proficient Force Barrier: A small protective bubble surrounds a group for 20-30 seconds. (4)

Ionize: Overload the electronic systems and disable one droid. Cannot be used on ships. (2)
-->Trained Ionize: Overload the electronic systems and disable up to three droids. Requires more time for larger machines. Cannot be used on ships larger than starfighters. (4)

Force Heal: Can heal yourself from basic injuries or go into a healing trance.
-->Trained Heal: Can heal others from basic injuries or put them into a healing trance. (2)
---->Proficient Heal: Can heal self and others from serious injuries. (4)

Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on an individual.
-->Trained Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on a small group. (3)
---->Proficient Affect Mind: Can overwhelm someone's decision making for a short time. (4)

Battlemind: Increases your combat prowess, focus, and stamina. (2)
-->Trained Battlemind: Increases your defense against Force-based attacks. (3)
---->Proficient Battlemind: Boosts your courage in the face of Fear. (4)

Morichro: Breathe in any environment.
-->Trained Morichro: Suspend the need for food, water, lowering heart rate on self for several days (air for several hours). You seem dead. (3)

Force Stealth: Disguises your face.(2)
-->Trained Stealth: Disguises your body and removes Force presence. (3)

Sense Life: Can detect the presence of people around you.
-->Trained Sense Life: You can track an individual through the Force within a city, must first be familiar with their presence. (2)

Attuned: Increases the effectiveness of Force Heal.

Force Enlightenment: Enhances one of your own Force abilities.

Background: Even from an early age Aldous Atticus knew his place in the galaxy and the significance of his life. It started with the Jedi Order. As was common during this time, Aldous was taken from his family at a very early age to be trained by the Jedi in their temple on Coruscant. At first Aldous didn't meet the presumptions of the High Council, who, judging by his affinity for the Force, thought that Aldous would advance very early on in his training. After several years of apprenticeship, however, Aldous finally lived up to his expectations.

It was only a short time before Aldous was given the rank of Jedi Knight and was allowed on the front lines some years after the beginning of the Great Galactic War. However, even with all of his prowess in battle, Aldous and the rest of the Jedi Order, as well as the Galactic Republic, suffered several heavy losses for most of the war. While the Sith onslaught seemingly couldn't be stopped, Aldous continued to fight throughout many of the battles, narrowly avoiding death on almost every occasion. However, this wasn't what haunted him most: the death of the troops around him did. Aldous was eventually awarded for his continued support throughout the war and was named a Jedi Master.

Fortunately, Aldous wasn't on Coruscant at the time of the Sacking of Coruscant, but he could still feel the deaths of all those lost through the Force. The Treaty of Coruscant took place concurrently with the fall of the Temple and Aldous fell into a state of disrepair. Surprisingly enough, Aldous was soon placed on the High Council of the Jedi Order as a Junior member which strengthened his resolve. Whether this was a clever, sympathetic move by the Jedi to keep him from doing anything rash or an actual sign of his prominence within the Order remained unknown to Aldous, though the Jedi would continue to assure him that it was the latter.

Last edited by Aldous Atticus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 am

Very good, you are approved. I only want to specify, what that 'aura of tranquility' of yours is exactly? Sounds much like Battle Mediation. Are you planning to add it to your Force powers later then?
Back to top Go down
Aldous Atticus
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Aldous Atticus

PostSubject: Re: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I had planned on it only affecting Sith; no troops or anything like that. Looking back on it now, it does seem much like Battle Meditation. Perhaps the word "extreme" is what gives it away.

About me being the Jedi practitioner of Battle Meditation, are we only allowed to use it if we're away from battle? or are we allowed to us it in the midst of battle? If it's the former, I won't take it. If it's the latter, I will. Also, if you need me to remove what's in my special skills, I can do so.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Battle Meditation cannot be used when fighting personally, so yes, we must be away from battle.

And again, I am afraid that aura will have to be either removed or changed. Special skills are meant to be not your character's unique Force abilities but... well, skills like ability to speak several alien languages, hack computers, repair droids\machinery, etc. Summing up, inspiring your allies is good, but the 'aura of tranquility' should be edited.
Back to top Go down
Aldous Atticus
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Aldous Atticus

PostSubject: Re: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:48 pm

That is completely all right. It is now edited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order   Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aldous Atticus - Jedi Order
Page 1 of 1