The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order Empty
PostSubject: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 pm

*Name: Rassuissi Vsil

*Alias: "Rass"

*Species: Sluissi/Unknown

*Height: 6'2'' (Could extend to 9'2'')

*Weight: 250 lbs

*Home World: Sluis Van

*Appearance: Tall and large, as most Sluissi, Rass had a rather skiddish look to him. Not resembling many of his kind, at least fully, there were differences with his outward appearance from his race. These differences included: A longer tail, no flat extensions on arms of back of head, and protrusions on his head. Also has armor, as seen in avatar.
Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order Jedi_Concepts_Master_Rass_by_Iantoy

*Personality: Has a some what aggressive nature. Different from those of his species, Rass is not shy and can be rash, though has an iron will. Has a very intimidating impression, and as when he walks into a room, his presence is felt. Though, like most Sluissi, is able to remain calm under pressure and act accordingly.

Rass still has weak feelings of the Jedi. He feels that he was forced and born into the Jedi, and that it was not his choice. Though he wants their teachings to work out for him and will try his best to follow their code. He learns to trust in the Jedi and his masters. That can be said for a very few, as Rass only truly trusts those who show their pure nature to him, which he noticed that most of the Jedi can reveal.

Rass is susceptible to change. It may not be seen on the outside though, his strong will blinds those to see him. He puts on an honest front on the most part, but has a flaw in that he judges people by how they act and how they look. Rass is known for not liking someone, and going to the extent of physical abuse, and making it a point to either avoid or mentally torture them.

Special Skills:

Has masterful skill in that of ship mechanics and ship operation, advanced ship fighting. He had the ability to diagnose, repair, and continue full ship operation in a short period of time. Not to mention his skill in this has lead to excellent ship fighting skills.

Has adept skill in the art of combat. He grew to live and love fighting of all types, and learned to shut out everything on his mind to enhance his adaptability and fighting prowess in unarmed combat as well as armed, particularly a lightsaber.

Though his travels, as he ran away, he picked up on many species and learned about many societal structures and culture of many species. As well as picking up their native tongue. He is able to understand a number of languages. And is fluent in his own language and that of Galactic Basic.

Weapons:
Double bladed lightsaber that can be separated into twin sabers (Blue)
Ceremonial family sword
Blaster rifle

*Current Rank: Jedi Padawan Level 2

*Background:
Rass was born on the planet of Sluis Van, in the Sluis Sector of the Galaxy. He was born and raised with his father, Shaas Vsil. His father was a well known for his work in modifying and repairing Jedi and Galactic Republic ships. He was renowned in his Sector as being one of the top technicians and engineers. Like most Sluissi, Rass too grew up with this interest. He took his son with his to work for the Republic and Jedi, which was wherever they needed him most. He was trained throughout his childhood in the art of technology and starships. Though had always felt something amiss.

He grew up without a mother, but was never told why. His father never gave a reason either. At an early age things started to change drastically for him. Rass never really gave attention to the teachings of the Jedi, nor any for that matter. Though his father had always told him how he would become a Jedi...either a technician or in some other faction. This was because Rass was a rare Sluissi to have the ability to manipulate the force.

His father was astounded, knowing how rare it was for a Sluissi, and thought it was a sign that Rass would become a true Jedi Knight. Though still, Rass paid no mind and had his fun as a child would.

When it became time for Rass to give in to his fathers great aspiration for him, and become a Jedi...he fled. At first Rass focused on hiding his force presence, nad for months he spent his time merely surviving in the forests and swamps of the planet, where no one could find him due to it being the home of many other creatures. Though Rass still felt that he was too close. He made his way to the nearest city, by now the search for him was either given up or continued only by a few. The bustle of the city made another great place to masque his force presence, and he noticed there were many importing and exporting ships in the port. Not long after he found himself in the dark and cramped space of one, and not knowing were he was headed.

Knowing not what he wanted, and handling the pressure his father had put forth to become a Jedi, Rass traveled and picked up tricks from other Force-sensitives. What he truly wanted was to find out what happened to his mother. His father always talked about the times he traveled the galaxy with his wife, Rass' mother, doing work with the Galactic Republic.

Though in this time he grew more mature, he learned a great deal of star ships since that was his interest, he also learned how...less technically...to use the force. He wanted more, however. And soon enjoyed using his abilities to fight. He became a renowned fighter in hand-to-hand, as well as bladed combat. Rass searched and searched, but only found the faintest clues of his mothers presence.

Rass knew that it was time to go back, and to learn from the Jedi...take their teachings and apply them to what he had already learned, to become a far more powerful being. His lust for power led him back to his home world where he was met by his father with open arms. Now he would start his teaching in the force. Though what he truly wants from the Jedi is access to their archives, in hopes to find out about his mother.

*Force Powers:

Morichro: Breathe in any environment.
Force Stealth: Disguises your face.(2)
Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 3-5 seconds from attacks.
-->Trained Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 5-10 seconds from attacks. (2)
Force Cure: Can cure natural diseases in self.
Force Heal: Can heal yourself from basic injuries or go into a healing trance.
-->Trained Heal: Can heal others from basic injuries or put them into a healing trance. (2)
Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on an individual.
Sense Life: Can detect the presence of people around you.
-->Trained Sense Life: You can track an individual through the Force within a city, must first be familiar with their presence. (2)
Force Illusion: Can only show objects and limited images. Requires Affect Mind. (2)
Battlemind: Increases your combat prowess, focus, and stamina. (2)
Attuned: Increases the effectiveness of Force Heal.
Force Enlightenment: Enhances one of your own Force abilities.

Last edited by Master Rass on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:34 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Special Skills are what skills your character has besides Force Powers and Combat. Is he/she a good mechanic? A good public speaker? It can be a little like the personality section of the profile, tell us what interests your character has and what they are good at.
Back to top Go down
Mason Veldheer
Smuggler
Smuggler
Mason Veldheer

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 pm

If you need any sort of reference, just take a look at my profile. You are also allowed (and encouraged) to flesh it out a bit, such as Corvus did in his profile.

Edit: Rass, it has been decided upon that you are to start out at Character Level 2 and as a Padawan. Please make any and all necessary adjustments to your profile if need be.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 am

Oh Excellent, I shall edit right now. And I think I get the jist of what your saying about the Special Skills. Though what about Job Specialization? I would think that is to be given to me by the Jedi Order, no?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 am

You are a Jedi, so you can put that if you want. You could also leave it blank, I believe, it's mainly more for mercs.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 am

Everything was fixed. Hope I was right this time.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:31 am

a) He seems like a Sith to me, you mention being agressive in a non agressive species, as well as lust for power, neither of those being huge jedi traits.

b) 10 years old is waaaay wayyyy to old. wayaaayyayayaya. to old. At this point in time he would have been discovered as a force sensitive within birth, especially if his father is a Jedi (another big no, unless his father was an exile or somehow hid that fact from the order, marriage is not even allowed currently) or if he was on a civilised planet. Any republic planet has routine midi-chlorian counts at birth and every couple of years sometimes. He would have been discovered easily, and from there his parents could've either kept in touch with for a couple of years or shipped him off, either way by the age of 6 he would be in the Temple, no ifs or buts about that, he couldn't have simply run off from the Jedi or his parents (he is only 10 right now, 10 year olds who are 8 feet tall and look like giant snakes simply do not blend in, and he would've been easy to find)

c) just to expand on previous post, the order would not have accepted him at age 10, they would have turned him away.

d) he wasn't curious at all about his mother? I know if I was an orphan I would be maybe just a liiiitle curious.

e) i'm not sure there are such things as Jedi technicians, but idk about that for sure. In any case he wouldnt have a family on Sluissi.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:28 am

Again Im sorry, I edited it. Is that better?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Suggest you read those points again. It is better, however you are still missing things.
Back to top Go down
Mason Veldheer
Smuggler
Smuggler
Mason Veldheer

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:05 am

Nighthawk wrote:
a) He seems like a Sith to me, you mention being agressive in a non agressive species, as well as lust for power, neither of those being huge jedi traits.

b) 10 years old is waaaay wayyyy to old. wayaaayyayayaya. to old. At this point in time he would have been discovered as a force sensitive within birth, especially if his father is a Jedi (another big no, unless his father was an exile or somehow hid that fact from the order, marriage is not even allowed currently) or if he was on a civilised planet. Any republic planet has routine midi-chlorian counts at birth and every couple of years sometimes. He would have been discovered easily, and from there his parents could've either kept in touch with for a couple of years or shipped him off, either way by the age of 6 he would be in the Temple, no ifs or buts about that, he couldn't have simply run off from the Jedi or his parents (he is only 10 right now, 10 year olds who are 8 feet tall and look like giant snakes simply do not blend in, and he would've been easy to find)

c) just to expand on previous post, the order would not have accepted him at age 10, they would have turned him away.

d) he wasn't curious at all about his mother? I know if I was an orphan I would be maybe just a liiiitle curious.

e) i'm not sure there are such things as Jedi technicians, but idk about that for sure. In any case he wouldnt have a family on Sluissi.
A) I'm sure he made it this way for a reason. We must allow people the use of free will and reign over their characters, at least to an extent, to help keep things going. We cannot nitpick over every little detail, though I understand your reasoning. We have duties and responsibilities, but we mustn't make people not want to come here anymore because over minor discrepancies within their bio(s).

B+C) If Rass is twenty-two-years-old now, that means that he was eight-years-old when the Treaty of Coruscant was put into effect. I think we can be leniant on the age issue. And while, yes, Sluis Van was a long supporter of the Republic, the shipyards with which the Republic were so concerned with were destroyed by the Sith during the Great Galactic War. At this time, I doubt the Republic has enough monetary gains to rebuild these shipyards seeing as how they had more important matters to focus on. In fact, "harsh restrictions were also placed on Republic personnel who were in compliance with the treaty. All Republic vessels were required to announce their arrival to the airspace above a planet to Imperial authorities." This makes it unlikely that the Republic would enforce routine midichlorian counts.

D) I believe that Rass has since changed this, so there's no need for my input on the matter.

E) I think Rass meant that he is a skilled technician and could be used in that field should the Jedi/Republic need it. As for how he wouldn't have a family on Sluissi, I'm confused by what you mean.

My point is that we shouldn't regulate these bios with such rigidness, especially when this site is just getting started. However, one thing you will need to change, Rass, is your ability to use Battle Meditation. As of right now, only one practitioner from each opposing faction is allowed to have that ability. Seeing as how there is no mention of it in your bio and certain members of the administration have brought it to the forefront, you will not be able to include it in your bio. Also, if you don't want to or can't choose a ship, leave it out of your bio completely until you either change your mind or find a suitable one. I say that once you fix your abilities you will be good to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:14 am

Alright sounds good to me. And what say I change it so that they werent on Sluissi Van, but another Jedi front. Would that be correct? And about the Battle meditation, i saw that there was no Jedi practitioner, for the Sith it said Darth Corvus and none for the Jedi, which is why I put it there. Though I will change it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 am

The last tier of Battle Meditation is only available to level 7 characters - who, I believe, are limited to 1 per faction (2 for Sith since unlike the Jedi Order\Galactic Republic they are a monolithic faction in game terms, and thus have both Forceusers and characters that are not Force-sensitive in their ranks) - therefore unless you are absolutely sure you will be the one to reach that level, the Jedi would be at a disadvantage.

P.S. Sluis Van was conquered by the Sith, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Alright I took off battle meditation. And just to clarify, dont the Jedi take orders from the Galactic Republic? Meaning wouldn't they too have both force sensitives and non-sensitives at their command?

And what say I have them escape Sluissi in fear of the Sith?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 pm

No, at this point in time the Jedi have very little to do with the Galactic Republic. As for escaping Sluis Van, me and Mason will have a talk about that and get back to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:42 pm

May I ask, what is the status on my approval?
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Mason hasn't replied to my PM for a couple of days, so for now you're approved. However once he gets back we will review your bio again ^^
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Okay so Mason has sent me a PM back complying with my 'arguments' and so you will have to change your bio to reflect those. To help you i've posted my opinions on those. You can continue rping in any places you had planned already and told people about, or whatever, and your training, but please don't start any new ones :3

a) I wasn't trying to make it seem like he had to be a Sith, or that he shouldn't be a Jedi. But in order to make this as realistic and high level rp as possible, we also have to take into consideration what would have happened at this point in time, if this was a book and our characters were real? Would the Jedi allow a mass murderer who likes killing things into their order? No. Would we allow them to do the same, just because we feel they should have some control in their bio? No. If the character is a Qui-Gon Jinn of the order, or a Skywalker, sure I can see them allowing him in. However what people don't seem to realise all the time is that Skywalker was a special case and they would not have allowed him in on his attitude and feelings alone if he hadn't been the chosen one, and if Obi-wan hadn't pushed for it.

b) If it wasn't the Republic doing something, it would have been the Sith. People simply do not give up the chance to find the next Revan or Exile simply because restrictions are placed on them. In fact the Sith probably would have enforced it instead. As for the age issue, it is not a huge deal, and I can live with it.

e) If Rass meant that he learned some tech while he was there, then fair enough, I can see that. As for why he doesn't have a family on Sluis, it would be because his family was a Jedi. Sith, believe it or not can sense Jedi, and if Sluis is indeed a Sith world, that Jedi would have had a hard time hiding. He also talks about the Sluis being an unlikely force sensitive species, yet he and his father both are one, plus he says he never thought he would be a Jedi, yet apparently his father told him he would grow up to be one.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:26 am

Okay. I may have made a change or two since you last posted. Now I have it so that Rass' father is not a force sensitive, nor a Jedi. I stated that he worked for the Jedi (not sure if that's the same). And I will check again, but I didn't say that he was a murderer or something, I only stated that he loved combat and fighting of all types (not necessarily has to be evil or "dark"). And I didn't really say if he had/or did not have family on Sluis, though even if he did they would be Jedi only family to one that works for the Jedi.

When another review is made, Ill be happy to comply with your revisions, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Sorry about the long wait for a reply. :/

In any case, I see some modifications have been changed, and now all I see to be changed is how he ran away. Either you will have to get rid of that, or have to provide a more plausible reason as to why he wasn't caught and dragged back to the temple.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 am

I edited again. Though it is simplistic, I hope it will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:14 pm

and by 'plausible' and detailed, I don't mean three words...which hardly explain anything.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:34 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:35 am

Sorry for the long delay again. Looks plausible enough, so approved for good.
Back to top Go down
Master Rass
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Master Rass

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Yes!!! Thank you, now only to wait for my master to return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order   Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rassuissi Vsil - Jedi Order
Page 1 of 1