The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New E3 trailer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:48 pm

As was expected, Bioware released a new cinematic trailer for this year's E3. Alas, it is not as good as the previous tow – at least in my opinion. So yes, I was willing to accept that some cowboy-wannabe can stand full-height without any sort of cover and 5 ‘badguys’ won’t be able to hit him from 30-20 meters. After all, this cr*p happens all the time in Star Wars. At least the lightsaber combat was great… right until that Jedi started using a saberstaff with both blades ignited and a regular lightsaber at the same time. Are you bloody kidding me? Rolling Eyes

But I am rambling. Overall, this is a nice and fun enough trailer with great graphics. And Darth Malgus is there again, kicking ass and taking names, so I cannot really complain Smile
Back to top Go down
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:31 am

Pshaw, when those Sith troopers - no doubt completely green given that this is the first engagement of the war - go running full speed towards their enemy with their guns at hip level, I myself am perfectly willing to accept their demise at the hands of the no doubt galaxy-hardened shooting of that smuggler. In any case, one shot did come close but he does "roll" out of the way. Razz As for that Jedi, there's not much to say but... what a pro. xD He must have been like the Mace Windu of the Jedi at that time. Obviously he knew something good, since he trained Satele Shan.

And certainly, Malgus was BA. It doesn't bode well for the Grand Master when every time she has faced a certain opponent, she has been completely at his mercy and had to be saved by a comrade. Razz

Just some fun facts, my only two issues with the movie lie in the beginning. 1) The Jedi believed the Sith Empire had been destroyed for ~1 000 or so years, right? Yet all it takes is one look at these ships that he's never seen before to know "The Sith Empire has returned!". 2) That Republic trooper commander has never seen those fighters before in his life. Yet he immediately knows that they are faster than anything he's got on the station. *3) There's no release date. Evil or Very Mad

Of course, Satele does sense a great darkness and it might be that the only ships on that station are clunkers so one could argue against me. But hey! I'm rambling too, so I'll end by saying I loved the trailer and can't wait for TOR to come out!
Back to top Go down
https://oldrepublicrp.forumakers.com
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:04 am

Kolban wrote:
Just some fun facts, my only two issues with the movie lie in the beginning. 1) The Jedi believed the Sith Empire had been destroyed for ~1 000 or so years, right? Yet all it takes is one look at these ships that he's never seen before to know "The Sith Empire has returned!". 2) That Republic trooper commander has never seen those fighters before in his life. Yet he immediately knows that they are faster than anything he's got on the station. *3) There's no release date. Evil or Very Mad

Actually the Sith Empire attacked Tingel Arm first, so the Republic was already aware of its existence at the time Smile And as far as I know, the game is now set to be released in early- or mid-autumn.
Back to top Go down
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:22 pm

*facepalm* Da** it, now don't I look dumb. Guess I'd better go watch those timeline trailers one more time. Razz

I'd ask you more about the release date you mentioned, but that's more of an ICQ topic. Anyone else? Thoughts, comments, praises, problems, questions?
Back to top Go down
https://oldrepublicrp.forumakers.com
Irina Vaax
Republic Trooper
Republic Trooper
Irina Vaax

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:11 pm

I really like it! It was lots of fun to watch and I didn't have any problems with it. Even after the game comes out I hope they make more of these movies. Smile I think Corvus is just jealous that the Jedi master was awesome enough to wield the lightsabers and that he didn't think of it. Razz lol jk
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Lightsabers are for sissies anyway, real men fight with Sith swords Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Pretty epic. I won't tarnish it by saying something bad, cause i'll either go on for centuries or make a one word statement Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New E3 trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New E3 trailer   New E3 trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New E3 trailer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Old Republic RP  :: Out Of Character :: Star Wars: The Old Republic-
Jump to: