The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mega-RP Idea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:17 pm

In the past, we have always played out our RPs in a single thread, where everyone who wanted to join would involve themselves and could get in on all the action. Certainly it has worked and we can still operate things this way, but Corvus and I have came up with a new idea to create one large-scale issue and break it down into numerous single-thread RPs that when finished, will have an impact on the result of the larger issue. To start this concept off, we have a new idea lined up that involves the Empire and the Republic engaging in a proxy war over a planet that holds an important position in a popular trade route. The planet has erupted into civil war between pro-Empire and pro-Republic forces and each major government is sending its support to its respective side. (This is just a rough outline, details will come soon)

Rather than conduct this RP with just a single thread, we will form groups of 4-6 (or more when we have more members) who will engage in one of the battles that plays out during the war. Each thread will have to be relatively independent to all the others to avoid conflicts in the story. Since I explain best with examples, let me offer one now:

One group is doing an RP concerning the U.S. Rangers landing at Point duHoc during the D-Day Normandy landings. Their purpose is to knock out the long-range artillery that threatens to hit Omaha Beach. Since the result of this RP thread directly affects a potential thread concerning the Omaha Beach landings, we will not conduct a thread concerning Omaha Beach so that any German commanders during the Omaha thread won't be confused about whether they can use the artillery or not.

This safeguard and the fact that the war is a planet-wide conflict hopefully will allow for a diverse range of mission threads to take place without one thread causing confusion for another.

So, does anyone have any questions, comments or concerns? Feel free to voice any opinions you may have.
Back to top Go down
https://oldrepublicrp.forumakers.com
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 am

Uhm...I like the idea, but don't really see how it's a whole lot different from what we've been doing.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 am

Simple - what would have been a single mission in the past will now be an entire campaign. This will allow us to create more complex storylines, avoid confusion and distribute missions to the players according to their character level if need be.
Back to top Go down
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

As of recently, Corvus and I have decided to shelve the proxy Civil War idea previously mentioned until it can be undertaken at its fullest potential. We have come up with a new idea, something smaller and easier to gauge victory from. Here's a general outline, though of course, names and minor details are likely to change:

A border planet between the Empire and Republic faces a new political crisis as a new pro-Empire coalition of senators has called for the planet to arrange a peaceful, legal transition into the Empire. Of course, the leading pro-Empire senator - Irlav Threhad - is using Imperial Agents provided by his allies to advance his agenda by any means necessary. Republic Intelligence has the identities of the Agents, but lacks any proof of their connection to Threhad. It is the Republic's plan to quietly assassinate the Agents and -separately- hire the Cartel to carry out and claim responsibility for the killing of the senator himself.

This mission is rather different, since it will put the Sith out of their element - forced to protect rather than outright annihilate. Certainly it will make for a more interesting mission when everyone is put into a different situation then what they're used to.

As always, does anyone have any questions, comments or concerns?
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 pm

I like the idea and will certainly join either as my main character or I'll create an NPC agent Smile
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 am

I feel the stuff should be fleshed out a bit (i'm sure it will of course) but I would definitely enjoy leading the assassination team, and it would also be pretty cool for Nighthawk's relationships with both Sith and Jedi as well.
Back to top Go down
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 am

I don't know, Nighthawk. Since I've made this post, I've never received any PM from you on the subject - meaning I'd have to assume you an enemy. In its weakened state, the Republic is not going to want to risk upsetting the Cartel by hiring a blacklisted assassin and the Empire that could risk it isn't the one doing the hiring.

Food for thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:16 am

I'm assuming my idea is ok with you Kolban, in which case I may have to repaint my armor, as it will be so covered in blood it might not wash out real well Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:07 pm

You're subtle as always Rolling Eyes But we're not giving up without a fight Razz
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm

It wouldn't be fun if you didn't put up a fight Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 pm

We'll do much more than put up a fight Razz
Back to top Go down
Kolban
Mercenary Warlord
Mercenary Warlord
Kolban

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 am

I don't have to be a Jedi to sense that it's so gonna be on during this mission. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Conrad Falke
Imperial Commando
Imperial Commando
Conrad Falke

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 am

Damn straight!
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Said two-meters-high mandalorian Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:28 am

Said the Jedi who can jump 100 or so metres from a speeder and still survive. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:00 pm

A Sith, mind you Razz And it's not like that fall didn't have any consequences.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Sith, Jedi, what's the difference really? They all use lightsabers and the force and are to high and mighty for their own good. Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth Nyx
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator
Darth Nyx

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Being able to shoot lightning from your fingertips would do that to anyone Wink

And don't forget it's your turn to post in the mission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mega-RP Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega-RP Idea   Mega-RP Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mega-RP Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Old Republic RP  :: Roleplaying Area :: Planning Room-
Jump to: