The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order Empty
PostSubject: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:30 pm

*Name: Wilco Jolom

*Species: Nautolan

*Height: 1.82m

*Weight: 73kg

*Home World: Glee Anselm

*Appearance: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order Nautolan_Watchmen_by_thedarkestseason

*Personality: Wilco could be considered a perfectionist, believing everything has a place and should be in it's place. He is also quiet, unless there is something important to say and anything said will have been thought about for quite some time. However, on the battlefield, he relies on his power in the force as well as the power in his body to overcome any obstacle. He is reliable and compassionate, believing no one has strayed to far from redemption.

Special Skills:
- Exceptional olfactory and pheromone-sensing abilities
- His tendrils detect the emotions of others, ability increased in water
- Water breathing
- Low Light Vision
- Technician
- Slicing

Weapons: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order Untitled

Ship: N/A, currently

*Current Rank:

*Job Specialization:
- Technician
- Slicer

*Background: Wilco was only four years of age when he could remember the first things about the war. He could remember clips of his parents talking about the Mandalorian wars and the current state of things. He could also remember tales of a criminal by the name of Dossa, who had joined the Sith in the Jedi Civil war. All of these things were probably why his parents made the decision. Soon after he had become six years of age, the young Jolom child followed one of the Fisto children to the Jedi temple, off planet to begin training.

For years Wilco had pushed himself, trying to be the best in his class in both lightsaber combat and force ability. He meditated often and distanced himself from the others, not because he despised them, but because the noise of the younglings playing after their lessons and in the mess hall distracted him. He used his free time to delve deeper into the force through meditation, though he was not looking for power, he was looking for understanding. To long had he heard tales of corruption that the Dark Side provided and those looking for it would be consumed.

Through his training he had become and excellent swordsman, emphasizing his abilities in the arts of Makashi, Ataru, and Niman. He also became very proficient in the use of the force. These things were his allies and as such gave him strength. Wilco had completed the Jedi Trials just a year before the treat was signed, and had taken to the path of the Jedi Sentinel. He had only been in a handful of conflicts with his master during the war, but he knew there would be many more conflicts to come. He has trained diligently these past years, taking on roles that the temple has asked of him.

*Physical Points:

*Combat Perks / Force Powers:

Force Heal: Can heal yourself from basic injuries or go into a healing trance.
-->Trained Heal: Can heal others from basic injuries or put them into a healing trance. (2)
---->Proficient Heal: Can heal self and others from serious injuries. (4)

Sense Life: Can detect the presence of people around you.
-->Trained Sense Life: You can track an individual through the Force within a city, must first be familiar with their presence. (2)
---->Proficient Sense Life: You see if someone has Force-potential unless they are employing Force Mantle. (5)

Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 3-5 seconds from attacks.
-->Trained Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 5-10 seconds from attacks. (2)
---->Proficient Force Barrier: A small protective bubble surrounds a group for 20-30 seconds. (4)

Absorb Energy: Allows you to dissipate one or two blaster shots. (2)
-->Trained Absorb Energy: Allows you to dissipate five or six blaster shots or Force lightning. (3)

Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on an individual.
-->Trained Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on a small group. (3)
---->Proficient Affect Mind: Can overwhelm someone's decision making for a short time. (4)

Force Illusion: Can only show objects and limited images. Requires Affect Mind. (2)
-->Trained Illusion: Can show larger, more complex images. (4)

Force Light: Creates a brief, bright flash of light that temporarily blinds opponents. (2)
-->Trained Light: Bright light covers an area 5 meters around you. (3)

Attuned: Increases the effectiveness of Force Heal.

Force Enlightenment: Enhances one of your own Force abilities.

Battlemind: Increases your combat prowess, focus, and stamina. (2)
-->Trained Battlemind: Increases your defense against Force-based attacks. (3)
---->Proficient Battlemind: Boosts your courage in the face of Fear. (4)

Ionize: Overload the electronic systems and disable one droid. Cannot be used on ships. (2)
-->Trained Ionize: Overload the electronic systems and disable up to three droids. Requires more time for larger machines. Cannot be used on ships larger than starfighters. (4)
---->Proficient Ionize: Overload the electronic systems and disable up to five droids. Requires more time for larger machines. Cannot be used on ships larger than starfighters. (5)

Force Cure: Can cure natural diseases in self. Requires Force Heal.
-->Trained Cure: Can cure natural diseases in others. Requires Force Heal. (2)

Force Stealth: Disguises your face.(2)
-->Trained Stealth: Disguises your body and removes Force presence. (3)

Beast Control: The temporary control of docile animals.
-->Trained Beast Control: The temporary control of all animals, docile and hostile. (3)
---->Proficient Beast Control: The ability to communicate and gain basic information from animals. (4)

Morichro: Breathe in any environment.
-->Trained Morichro: Suspend the need for food, water, lowering heart rate on self for several days (air for several hours). You seem dead. (3)

Last edited by Wilco Jolom on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:42 pm

I am waiting on my current rank before I apply force abilities as well as combat abilities.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 pm

We're planning on giving you lvl 6 from the beginning and it will directly affect your character's prowess. IC ranks like Master, Knight and so on are mostly irrelevant. But we'll need to discuss that too. So, would you prefer to be a young Jedi Knight or would you like to 'age' your char a bit to get Jedi Master? After all, it's very unlikely that Jedi would give the rank of Master to anyone in his early twenties Smile
Back to top Go down
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Ill age my character, ill also edit the bio so it works out.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Roger that. I'll assign you a lvl6 Jedi Master for now.
Back to top Go down
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Other than that, my bio and stuff checks out?
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:48 pm

I'll check everything once Force Powers and Physical Points are done. Nighthawk will probably have something to say too, but in the meantime you are certainly qualified for RPs.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Please explain how he remembers stuff from the Mandalorian Wars, which were about 300 years before the current time.

You might also want to lower the age since you're halfway through your lifetime already.
Back to top Go down
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Quote :
He could remember clips of his parents talking about the Mandalorian wars and the current state of things. He could also remember tales of a criminal by the name of Dossa, who had joined the Sith in the Jedi Civil war.
I would assume the mandalorian wars, and the history of Dossa, would make history to his people considering Dossa was a Nautolan and the Mandalorian wars were known on every planet.

And I had my age a bit younger, but Corvus thought it would be better to age my character for the rank of Jedi Master, but if you think it would be better to change it back, ill do so.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Maybe your grandparents or great grand parents. MAYBE.

Your race is pretty shortlived though, so I am kind of doubting anyone who is still alive would remember that or know any tales.

You can maybe say though that he went to the local library and got that info though.
Back to top Go down
Wilco Jolom
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilco Jolom

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 pm

Thats like saying my parents dont know about the revolutionary war... Something that big makes history and is known. The human race is also short lived, living about the same time as the Nautolans and yet we still now about our wars, our parents know about em, and grand parents now about them. Also if it deals with a war spanning hundreds of years, granted it was considered a separate war than the current conflict, but it definitely lead to the current events that were happening now. It was a big part of the galaxies history and considering that the mid rim planets were directly involved in the Mandalorian wars (Glee Anselm included in the mid rim planets) I would think it would make as much of an impact on history as our RL wars. However, I could say it was part of my schooling as well just to add depth to the bio. I've been meaning to add more to the bio anyway, and you have inspired me to give a little more depth to the beginning of it. Thanks bud Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 pm

First of all, humans often live a lot longer then 70 years old.

80 is pretty short for us, and more and more people are living to 100.

I don't remember the War of 1812 (roughly comparable to what your talking about). I would know nothing about it if I wasn't taught about it in school. Even then I remember very little of what I was taught. What I am arguing for is not him knowing about it, it's how he got the information.

If his parents learned about it through the galaxy holonet history, fair enough, I can see that. But actually remember it? Nope.
Back to top Go down
Maximillian Jester
Republic Trooper
Republic Trooper
Maximillian Jester

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:53 am

Very valid points haha. But yes, like i said, clips and pieces, tales of the war. much like a tale of the revolutionary war was told through the patriot movie, haha, im not trying to argue at all, but ya, I appreciate your constructive criticism. You've definitely helped me figure out how to fix my wording in my bio for this character. thanks a ton!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order   Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wilco Jolom - Jedi Order
Page 1 of 1