The Old Republic RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic RP

3, 639 BBY / 14 ATC - The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a furious cold war 14 years after the Treaty of Coruscant. How will you affect the galaxy?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darth Rahl - Sith Empire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Rahl
Sith Inquisitor
Sith Inquisitor
Darth Rahl

Darth Rahl - Sith Empire Empty
PostSubject: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:36 am

Name: Kalon Prawn

Sith Name: Darth Rahl

Species: Human

Height: 6'0''

Weight: 184 lbs

Home World: Dromund Kaas

Appearance: Darth Rahl is a fine specimen of Sith nobility: good looks, elegant clothing and fine grooming, with eyes so intense even other Sith have felt that he was reading their minds. Rahl's personal choice in clothing is red robes that offer comfort and practicability for engaging in any acts a Sith Inquisitor may be forced to take a hand in, though he has been known to wear a red velvet with gold embroidering overcoat during official functions. His dark hair is worn long and washed and he keeps his beard neatly trimmed. Rahl is a member of the elite class of Sith nobility and he knows it quite well.

Personality: Many Sith have ridiculed Rahl for what appears to be his vanity, but those that dared to mention it in his presence were taught excruciating lessons. Rahl almost always feels that there are few excuses for disheveled appearances and unclean living born of a strong confidence he has always felt as a master practitioner of the Dark Side of the Force. He is incredibly confident in his powers with good reason and would never hesitate in proving to anyone, even fellow Sith, that through master manipulation of the Force there is almost never a need for physical violence.

Viewed by many as something of a tyrant, Darth Rahl has an intense commanding presence that seems to bend others to his will without him even doing anything. More than a few times, he has successfully manipulated others with authority he doesn't actually have and more than one higher ranking Sith takes commands from him. A staunch human-supremacist, Darth Rahl looks down on all non-humans with distaste and views humans who indulge in personal/sexual relationships with aliens as traitors to their genetic superiority.

Special Skills:
- Rahl has always had a naturally intimidating and commanding presence, many previously staunch opponents of his have often surrendered to him during debate and war alike.
- Masterful manipulator, capable of spinning intricate webs of deceit in order to produce favorable responses/outcomes/actions/etc. when others don't jump to his orders. Though many Force users can sense insidiousness in others, Rahl's lies have never been seen through by anyone yet.
- Like all Inquisitors, Rahl possesses an above-average connection with the Force.
- Very physically strong, Rahl's use of his heavy sword and Inquisition experience has honed his body (particularly his chest and arms) into fine muscle.

Weapons: Sith Sword named "Atropos", and a stiletto made of Mandalorian iron kept within his robes.

Ship: Fury-Class Imperial Interceptor

Current Rank: Sith Inquisitor

Background: Darth Rahl was born on Dromund Kaas with the name Kalon Prawn during the height of the Great Galactic War. The son of Darth Vowrawn, one of the members of the Dark Council, Prawn was raised in splendor and wealth, albeit with the harsh teachings of his father always cutting through the velvet curtain of luxury to instill in young Prawn the hatred and teachings befitting a future Sith Lord. Prawn took a great fancy to the dark extravagance and masterful deception that ruled the lives of the highest-ranking Sith and very quickly gained much experience in the arts of manipulation and politics. To him, being a Sith was all about the schemes and the implied power brought through mastery of the Dark Side rather than being merely a blunt, dumb instrument for others. Prawn firmly believes power is a measure of the heads under your control, not merely the number of heads one has cut off.

While many young Sith were joining the military to fight and die in service to the Emperor in typical simpleton fashion, Kalon Prawn was being trained to hunt down heretics and infidels within the Empire itself. While many young Sith were flailing about with lightsabers, Kalon Prawn was learning the deadly secrets of the Dark Side. Under his father's harsh tutelage Kalon grew in power until the council finally bestowed upon him the title of Darth Rahl.

With this advancement, Rahl was given by his father a finely crafted Sith sword which he then named "Atropos". With this blade, Rahl has executed hundreds of traitors and spies within the Empire. Throughout his life Rahl has slaughtered a number of Jedi Masters and turned their shaken Apprentices into servants of the Empire with Atropos and his silver tongue - respectively. Perhaps his greatest accomplishment during this time was his independent elimination of the Gardaji Conspirators; rogue Imperial Agents planning to break up the alliance between the Empire and the Mandalorians by killing the leader of the latter, whom they viewed as an unpredictable and dangerous marauder. Starting from the lowest link in their chain of command, Rahl hunted down every last conspirator across the Gardaji sector and exposed their plot to the Imperial authorities. To show their thanks for preserving the Empire - Mandalorian alliance, the Mandalore presented Darth Rahl with a beautifully crafted stilleto made of precious Mandalorian iron.

In recent years, his father had been placed at a disadvantageous position within the Council and Rahl had been forced to form political alliances and (when necessary) commit quiet assassinations of his own. Through his efforts, the newly created House of Rahl has carved a powerful political niche in upper Imperial society with Rahl's father, Vowrawn, being the highest figure of authority within it.

Physical Points:
Hand-to-Hand Combat I
--Hand-to-Hand Combat II
---Hand-to-Hand Combat III
----Hand-to-Hand Combat IV
-----Hand-to-Hand Combat V

Combat Perks / Force Powers:
Force Stealth: Disguises your face.(2)
-->Trained Stealth: Disguises your body and removes Force presence. (3)

Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 3-5 seconds from attacks.
-->Trained Force Barrier: Protects yourself for 5-10 seconds from attacks. (2)

Force Lightning: Can cast a single bolt of potentially lethal lightning.
-->Trained Lightning: Multiple bolts of lethal dark side tainted lightning at one target. (2)

Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on an individual.
-->Trained Affect Mind: The power of suggestion on a small group. (3)

Force Illusion: Can only show objects and limited images. Requires Affect Mind. (2)

Battlemind: Increases your combat prowess, focus, and stamina. (2)
-->Trained Battlemind: Increases your defense against Force-based attacks. (3)

Sense Life: Can detect the presence of people around you.
-->Trained Sense Life: You can track an individual through the Force within a city, must first be familiar with their presence. (2)

Fury: Places you in a fury that increases your attack strength at a small expense to your defense.

Force Fear: Causes your nearby enemies to fear and tremble, weakens resolve and courage. (2)

Force Darkness: Draws darkness around you, concealing you. Works best in darker areas. (2)
-->Trained Darkness: You can expand the darkness around you within a 5 meter radius. (3)

Commune: If you die, you may still communicate with the living though you may not use any Force powers/abilities. (3)

ENHANCING POWERS:
Malevolent: Increases the effectiveness of Force Fear.

Last edited by Darth Rahl on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahl
Sith Inquisitor
Sith Inquisitor
Darth Rahl

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm

My background is up now if anyone needs to take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Corvus
Sith High Lord
Sith High Lord
Darth Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Unless Nighthawk - our bio moderator - comes around and finds something wrong within the next 24 hours, consider this to be approved.
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 am

Nice bio. I see your a fan of the Sword of Truth series as well. They are very good ^^

One thing I see is you have mandalorian iron in your inventory, yet you make no explanation of how you came by it, and Mandalorians are simply not in the habit of giving things away im afraid. Please explain how you got it, and things will be good.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahl
Sith Inquisitor
Sith Inquisitor
Darth Rahl

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Ah ha! Someone else who likes Legend of the Seeker! I friggin' LOVE that show! Very Happy

And I finally updated my bio to explain the Mandalorian iron. As it happened, I wanted to include this story in my original draft but I couldn't really find how to work it in to what I'd written. You motivated me to make it work, so thanks for that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Ah, you should read the books then. I consider the show 100000000000000x worse then the books. So bad.

The explanation seems fine to me as well.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahl
Sith Inquisitor
Sith Inquisitor
Darth Rahl

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 pm

As it happens, I've already ordered the first 6 books from online. They should arrive at my home tomorrow or the next day. However, I'm a little worried they'll ruin the show for me. I've heard a few people who've read the books don't really care for the show.

And I'm glad to hear my bio is all satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Rahl - Sith Empire   Darth Rahl - Sith Empire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Rahl - Sith Empire
Page 1 of 1